10 Best Frame by Frame Video Editors (Online & Software)
If you work with a lot of videos, creating the right frame and sequence can make the difference between a basic and an excellent shoot. As such, the right video frame editor can help you add effects to frames and edit video footage with impeccable precision.
Regardless of your editing skills, you may have wondered what the best video frame editing tools are. With so many options available on the market, we’ve compiled a list of the top video frame editors to make your search easier. Let’s dive right in.
Best frame-by-frame video editors
The following list of frame-by-frame video editors includes computer software, mobile apps, and web-based tools. Read on to find out what their top features, pros, and cons are.
|Best for||Top features|
|1.||Adobe Premiere Pro||Advanced frame-by-frame editing||Footage color|
Create multi-camera video
Advanced and quick editing aids
Movavi Video Editor Plus
|Advanced frame editing features and visual effects||Activity dashboard, animations, and transitions|
Image library and editing
Data import and export
|3.||MiniTool MovieMaker||Advanced frame editing||Split, merge, stabilize and adjust speeds |
HD resolution support
Brand overlay and collaboration tools
|4.||Wondershare Filmora||Converting raw footage into expertly crafted videos||Transition templates available |
Drag and drop features
Trim and split tools
|5..||AceMovi||Cool and modern transition effects||Screen recorder and clip transitions |
Split, merge, stabilize, and adjust speeds
Chroma key and green screens
|6.||iMovie||Basic frame editing and trimming||Animation and templates |
Video creation and editing tools
Drag and drop capability
|7.||VideoProc Vlogger||Beginner and advanced users||Cut and split clips into parts |
Multiple presents and effects
Edit speed, text, motion, and color
|8.||Final Cut Pro X||Editing software for macOS||Magnetic timeline|
Move, trim, and reorder clips
Compound clips to bundle audio and video clips
|9.||VideoProc||Editing and transcoding videos quickly||Adjust video and audio codecs |
Adjust frame rates from 30 to 120 fps
Compress huge-sized images
|10.||FlexClip||Basic frame editing and trimming||Unlimited stock videos per project |
Save unlimited projects online
Create videos of up to 30 mins in length
1. Adobe Premiere Pro – A professional-grade video editor for advanced frame-by-frame editing
Adobe Premier Pro, sometimes called Premier Pro, is a professional video editing software that has led the industry since its first development. You can easily use the tool to cut and remap your videos without affecting the quality of your work.
Many businesses love Premier Pro because the app allows you to record, edit, and share your videos within the same dashboard. This all-in-one capability makes it the perfect video frame editing tool for all your channels.
For example, most sports, pets, and kids videos move fast. Because of this, you must make edits frame by frame and add effects to each position. Premier Pro allows you to make quick changes to your videos within precise keyframes.
- Adobe Premiere Pro has a user-friendly interface, making it easy for users to edit keyframes
- It can integrate with other Adobe products like Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator
- It offers many features, such as color correction, audio editing, motion graphics, and more
- It can handle many file formats, making it easier for users to edit and export videos in various formats
- The software is available on both Mac and Windows platforms
- Users must pay a monthly or yearly fee to use the application
- It has a steep learning curve for beginners
2. Movavi Video Editor Plus – Free tool with advanced frame editing features and visual effects.
Movavi Video Editor Plus is a professional video editing software that’s available to Windows and MacOS users. It contains everything you need to edit and make memorable video clips.
You can use the Movavi Video Editor to edit videos frame by frame. To add new frames, upload clips to a video and drag and drop them to your timeline.
Furthermore, you can always add overlays, color adjustments, edits, and logos to improve the quality of your video clips.
- Movavi Video Editor Plus has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to edit videos.
- It provides intuitive video editing tools that can create professional-looking videos.
- It offers many features, such as video stabilization, color grading, text animation, and more.
- This video frame editor provides many high-quality effects and transitions users can take advantage of
- It’s available for both Windows and macOS devices
- Movavi Video Editor Plus only has a 7-day trial period
- Only half of the audio length is saved when you use the free plan for edits
3. MiniTool MovieMaker – Free Windows tool for advanced video frame editing
MiniTool MovieMaker is a Windows video editing software for beginners. It can help you edit videos frame by frame, regardless of your experience and skill level.
Using the splitting tool, the software breaks your videos into multiple frames for easier editing. In addition to this, you can also reverse, speed up, or slow down certain frames however yu wish.
- The MiniTool MovieMaker has a friendly user interface that doesn’t require a steep learning curve
- It provides intuitive video editing tools and templates beginners can use to create professional-looking videos
- The software also offers a range of useful editing features, such as video stabilization, color grading, and text animations
- The software also provides many guides and resources editors can use to create stunning videos
- It has fewer advanced editing features compared to other professional video editing software
- The free version only allows you to export three videos without time limits
4. Wondershare Filmora – Professional video editor that includes frame-by-frame editing
Filmora is a professional video frame editor to helps you convert raw footage into expertly crafted videos. You can edit individual frames or select a group to edit at a time, giving you more control over the video editing process.
After uploading your video to the application, you can quickly edit frames by zooming the slider bar to the right until you find the frame you want to edit. You can also separate frames from the rest of the video.
- Its user-friendly interface makes it easy for users to edit videos from scratch
- Editors can access useful features such as video stabilization, color grading, and text animation
- It provides many high-quality effects and transitions users can choose from
- The software also provides advanced audio editing features, such as noise removal, audio equalization, and audio separation
- When using the free plan, the software leaves a watermark on edited videos
- Monthly and yearly plans are more expensive than other editors on the market
5. Final Cut Pro X – Excellent video editing software for macOS
Final Cut Pro X is a professional video frame editor that provides everything you need to transform your videos with unrivaled performance.
With this tool, you can easily tag clips with metadata for easier searching and create smart collections according to custom criteria.
One amazing feature of this software is that users have access to a 90-day free trial period. Consequently, many editors often use this trial period to determine if Final Cut Pro is the right video frame editor for their business.
To use the editing feature, simply move the pointer over a filmstrip and click “Edit Videos Frame by Frame”. Move the clip backward in one frame increment and choose Mark > Previous > Frame to start editing.
- The software has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use
- It can integrate with other Apple products like Motion and Compressor
- Its fast rendering speed makes it ideal for working on large projects or editing high-resolution videos
- It has a powerful multi-cam editing feature for simultaneously editing footage from multiple cameras
- Final Cut Pro X is a one-time purchase software, meaning users only have to pay a one-time fee
- It has limited collaboration features, which may be a drawback for teams working on large projects.
- It’s only available to Mac users.
6. AceMovi – Best for cool and modern transition effects
AceMovi video editor is an excellent video editing software for beginners and advanced videographers. It has many basic and advanced features to help you create amazing visuals and transitions between frames.
The editing software also allows you to crop, split, rotate, and adjust the speed of your videos. What’s more, it comes with a very user-friendly interface and video templates, making it easy for you to quickly edit your frames.
AceMovi has a free trial period with no financial commitments. Hence, users can use this free access to explore the software’s features and capabilities.
- AceMovi can be your one-stop-shop for video editing as it provides a comprehensive set of video editing tools and features
- Users can access real-time previews when making edits
- The software has keyboard shortcuts, making the editing process fast and efficient
- The software provides many templates you can use to quickly create professional-looking videos
- It offers a range of output options, including different video resolutions and aspect ratios
- It’s very affordable, providing great value for the price
- The software offers a one-time purchase fee, meaning users can pay once for lifetime access
- It’s only available for Windows users
- It has limited collaboration features
7. iMovie – A free video editing software for basic frame editing and trimming
iMovie is a frame-by-frame video editing software for Mac users. It comes preinstalled on Mac and is very easy to use. It allows you to browse every frame by dragging the playhead and cutting exactly between frames.
The software contains multiple tracks in the timeline so that you can edit audio and video effects for every individual frame. All in all, if you’re looking for a simple software that lets you add clips, titles, filters, and music to video frames when editing, the iMovie application is just for you.
- iMovie has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate
- The software can integrate with other Apple products like Final Cut Pro X and iCloud
- It provides simple editing tools beginners can use to create quality videos
- iMovie is pre-installed on most Mac computers, which means it’s free
- The application is also available on iOS devices, allowing users to edit videos wherever they are
- iMovie has fewer advanced editing features than other professional video editing software
- It requires a lot of storage space, making it slower than other editors on the market
8. VideoProc Vlogger – Great video frame editor for beginner and advanced users
VideoProc Vlogger is an intuitive and powerful video editing software for video editors of all skill levels. It allows you to see and edit every frame individually, moving forward and backward one by one.
The editing tool contains a zoomable timeline that allows you to see every frame clip. This wide view range makes it easy to crop, resequence, split, and add subtitles to your desired frame.
- It offers many one-click features, such as noise reduction, color correction, and image stabilization
- It uses GPU acceleration technology to process videos faster
- It offers many output options, including different video resolutions and aspect ratios
- VideoProc Vlogger is free for users and easy to download
- The editing software is available for both Windows and macOS devices
- VideoProc Vlogger has fewer advanced editing features compared to other professional video editing software
9. VideoProc – Free video editing software that includes frame-by-frame editing
VideoProc is an easy-to-use video frame editor that allows you to cut, crop, merge, rotate, and compress high-quality videos. You can use it on Windows, MacOS, and Android devices.
The software uses level-3 hardware acceleration, meaning you can edit and transcode videos quickly without compromising the quality.
Furthermore, you can use VideoProc to edit videos frame by frame. After importing the video into the software, it’ll split it into several frames, giving you a base timeline to work with.
- VideoProc offers a comprehensive suite of video-processing features
- It’s optimized for hardware acceleration, hence, it processes videos faster than other software in the market
- It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users o navigate the application
- It provides a high-quality output suitable for professional-level video editing and processing.
- The VideoProc license key is restricted to only two computer devices of the same operating system
- It has limited support for 4K videos
10. FlexClip – An online tool for basic frame editing and trimming
FlexClip is an online video maker and editor that you can use to create videos with text, music, effects, and animations. It’s simple yet powerful and it allows you to create high-quality videos within minutes.
FlexClip is one of the most effective frame-by-frame video editors available. In addition, it has a user-friendly UI and provides a feature-rich timeline to work with. As such, you can view and edit tracks separately based on your needs.
The fully-fledged platform contains images, videos, effects, and music resources you might need to increase productivity.
- FlexClip is browser-based, so you do not need to download any software
- It offers many features, including video editing, voice recording, and screen recording.
- It has a royalty-free media library that users can access to find stock images, videos, and music
- It also uses cloud-based technology for fast video processing
- The free plan limits all videos to a one-minute time frame
- The software is only available for web-based platforms
Can I edit each frame in a video?
Definitely. By editing a video frame by frame, you can easily split, trim or cut it precisely. By using any of the video frame editors we’ve mentioned, you can add or remove a video frame when you need to.
You can also take advantage of the amazing themes, attractive transitions, stunning effects, and royalty-free music the applications offer.
How can I edit a video frame by frame for free?
You can use editors like Windows Movie Maker or iMovie on Mac to edit videos frame by frame. These are free powerful frame-by-frame video editing software that allow you to place video clips on the storyboard.
The Windows Movie Maker does not leave any watermark and it also provides quality HD support. These features make it possible for users to quickly edit and download quality video content.
Use the above tools if you want to edit your videos professionally. Most are free, offering a free trial. However, you may need to use premium features to create commercial videos.
What do you think about the above list? Do you have any more tools you’d like us to recommend? Tell us about it in the comment section below.