5 Best Oracle Cloud Monitoring Tools [2023 Reviewed]
Oracle Cloud is a cloud computing service by Oracle Corporation. It provides storage, computing, network, and application services through a collection of global data centers. With the public cloud computing market being around 592bn, a lot of companies rely on OCI monitoring software.
It’s widely implemented since it has the most extended database supply and management history. You can use Oracle Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, and DaaS to build, deploy, integrate, and extend applications on the cloud.
You need an Oracle Cloud monitoring tool to track the critical components of Oracle Cloud. The tool can give you insights into the health and availability of your resources so that you can optimize your applications.
Best Oracle cloud infrastructure (OCI) monitoring tools
|Best For||Top Features|
|1.||Paessler PRTG||Monitoring servers, routers, traffic, and more||Monitoring uptime, downtime, and slow servers |
Database performance and table values
Monitor the entire IT infrastructure
|2.||SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer||Creating and maintaining oracle applications||Cross-platform database support |
AI-powered anomalies detection
Expert advice with index and query advisors
|3.||Db Forge Studio for Oracle||Increasing your coding speed and managing data||Automatic code completion |
Quick information on schema objects
Document outline for navigation
|4.||Site24x7 Oracle Database Monitoring||Achieving greater visibility into your DB performance||Performance monitoring metrics |
Tablespaces status and usage
Automatic data collection tools
|5.||Oracle SQL Developer||Creating SQL queries and writing code faster||Powerful editors for working with SQL |
Tools to export data to any format
1. Paessler PRTG – Best Oracle Cloud monitoring tool overall
Paessler PRTG is an all-in-one professional tool for analyzing and monitoring complete IT environments. It allows you to monitor servers, routers, traffic, switches, and databases.
The tool comes with sensors, which make the set-up process easy as you don’t have to configure your sensors or settings. But you can set up custom sensors to monitor Oracle database performance based on your preferences.
Paessler PRTG can monitor your entire IT infrastructure, from applications and cloud services to IoT devices. It supports all SNMP and Flow technologies.
- Paessler PRTG offers real-time monitoring and alerting for many IT systems and databases
- It provides a customizable dashboard for better visibility into database performance
- The tool can create custom sensors for unique monitoring needs
- Paessler PRTG user interface is easy to configuration and management
- It provides scalability for larger business environments
- The tool has limited support for Oracle databases, specifically
- It can be expensive for startups or individual users
2. SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer – All-in-one tool for monitoring complete IT environments
SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is a powerful tool for creating and maintaining an Oracle application. It can monitor and manage various database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server.
Most people use SDPA to analyze code execution and monitor resource usage. Its Oracle services can connect Oracle instances and assess their objects in real time. It can also oversee a cloud-based database hosted on AWS and Azure.
SolarWinds Database Performance Analyze includes collaboration tools, recommendations on allocating resources, and identity keys that need updating to speed up processing.
- Provides a feature-rich platform for tuning database performance
- Offers real-time monitoring and alerting for performance issues
- Diagnoses issues and provides recommendations for optimization
- Supports a variety of databases, including Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Provides customizable dashboards for better visibility into database performance
- The platform should be easy to implement
- Some users report issues with the product’s support team response time
Download SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer
3. Db Forge Studio for Oracle – Robust tool for designing Oracle Cloud databases visually
Db Forge Studio for Oracle is a robust integrated development environment for managing in-database and external data. It helps Oracle SQL developers to increase their coding speed and manage their data.
The tool features powerful functionality with a smooth Oracle GUI console and Microsoft Visual Studio. It can help you automate the schema change management process and synchronize data between Oracle servers.
The most significant advantage of DB Forge Studio for Oracle is that its tools are easy to master and apply due to intuitive UI. You can use it to write and format code, design Oracle databases visually, and enhance data analysis and reporting.
- Db Forge has many tools for database development, management, and maintenance
- It provides a comprehensive dashboard with everything you need for Oracle database management
- The tool offers a range of features for schema comparison and synchronization
- It comes with code debugging and profiling tools
- The platform also offers integration with Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio
- The platform has limited support for other databases besides Oracle
- The tool is expensive for small businesses owners and individual users
Download Db Forge Studio for Oracle
4. Site24x7 Oracle Database Monitoring – Gives visibility into the performance of resources
Site24x7 is an all-in-one monitoring solution for DevOps and IT operations. It gives you visibility into the performance of your resources and insights into potential issues before they arise.
The Site24x7 Oracle Database Monitoring tools give you a 360-degree insight into your Oracle database, helping you pinpoint performance issues before they affect your applications.
Follow the procedure on the Site24x7 website to download and install the plugin. Log in to your dashboard to view your Oracle server’s performance charts and other metrics.
- The platform provides real-time monitoring and alerting for Oracle databases
- It offers a customizable dashboard for better visibility into database performance
- You can use the platform to get detailed reports for analyzing database performance over time
- The tool offers many integrations with other IT monitoring tools
- If you operate in larger business environments, Site24x7 provides scalability
- The tool does not support other databases besides Oracle
- Some users report issues with the product’s support team response time
Download Site24x7 Oracle Database Monitoring
5. Oracle SQL Developer – Free Oracle Cloud Management tool for SQL developers
Oracle SQL developer is a free Integrated Development Environment (IDE) by Oracle. It helps you create SQL queries and write PL/SQL code on its program editor.
The tool provides a database management tool for database administrators. It features tools like migration support to copy databases to Oracle cloud, a testing facility, and database modelers.
It can help you test new programs, assess their efficiency, create and edit SQL/PL code, store object creation scripts, and manage user accounts.
- Oracle SQL Developer offers a range of tools for Oracle database development and management
- You can use the tool to manage Oracle databases on one dashboard
- It includes advanced debugging and profiling tools for database code
- The tool offers integration with other Oracle products, such as Oracle APEX
- The platform provides customizable dashboards for better visibility into database performance
- The tool does not offer as many features compared to other tools
- Some users report issues with the product’s performance on larger databases
What are Oracle cloud tools?
Oracle has three main types of cloud services, including software as a service, platform as a service, and infrastructure as a service.
It offers tools like Cloud Shell, Command-line Interface, and software development kits (SDKs). It lets you automate your app development and over 70 other cloud services.
Other helpful Oracle Cloud Monitoring tools we tested include ManageEngine application management, Quest Toad for Oracle, and Atera.
Define your needs to find the most fitting software for your Oracle Cloud monitoring. With a clear idea of what you want, you can easily choose the best product. Make sure to also check the best business activity monitoring applications.
What do you think about the above list? Are there other tools you’d like us to include in the article? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.